PacketFountain: Network Sniffing Screensaver
I wrote a quick screensaver in VB 6.0 that uses a WinPcap wrapper (http://www.lorenzocerulli.tk/) and bounces packets around the screen. The code is fugly, uncommented and spaghetti like, but I'm hoping someone else does something cool with it. It does support multiple screens (one main, one on left, one on right) but you have to use the screensaver's setting to configure them. I'm not sure how to find out how many monitors someone has, and how they are oriented, once I have that it's no problem. Anyway, the source is included, along with the binary.
Steps to install:
1. copy ./bin/PacketFountain.scr to windows directory (c:\windows\).
2. copy ./bin/VBPCAP.DLL to windows\system32 directory (c:\windows\system32).
3. Install Winpcap from http://winpcap.polito.it/ .
4. Go to Display Properties->Screen Saver and choose PacketFountain.
5. Click the settings button and choose your network card, number of packets, active monitors and speed.
Most of the networking code came from the Yana, I just made a screensaver with it. That should do it, enjoy.